Carlo Cudicini recalled his time alongside Petr Cech at Chelsea where they competed with each other for the number one goalkeeping jerseyBefore Cech’s arrival in 2004, Cudicini had been the undisputed number one at Chelsea for the last four years and was even named the Premier League’s best goalkeeper of the 2002/03 campaign.But once Cech was at Stamford Bridge, Cudicini was instantly demoted to the bench as the Czech enjoyed record-breaking success with Chelsea.Cudicini spent the following four and a half years being Cech’s backup before he left for Tottenham in January 2009.However, the Italian only has fond memories of his time alongside Cech who announced his retirement this week from football at the end of the season.“We were fighting for one place and we always gave 120 per cent because we knew if we weren’t able to do our job somebody else would have stepped in,” Cudicini told Chelsea TV.“I tried to push Petr very hard when he was playing, trying to make sure his concentration was always top, and I’m sure that he thought to do the same when I was playing in cups and other games.Solskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.“It’s easy to get along well with Petr because he’s such a smart guy, an intelligent guy.“He has so many hobbies so we developed a friendship which is still there, still strong and hopefully it will carry on to be like that.”Cech’s first season at Chelsea was especially remarkable given his quick adaption to English football which saw him only concede 15 goals and make a record 21 clean sheets in the Premier League at the age of 22.“If you think, in his first season he was still very young,” said Cudicini.“I said many times that it’s never easy to make the transition between other leagues and the Premier League and he was unbelievable. He had the record for clean sheets and it was a brilliant season.”Nowadays, the Italian has retired from playing football and works as an assistant coach back at Chelsea.
August 31, 2019
August 31, 2019
Kolkata: The 76th battalion of Border Security Force (BSF) posted at Hakimpur Border Out Post (BOP) has detained one Khairul Sardar with approximately 400 gram of gold biscuits worth Rs 10,000 on Tuesday morning. The 23 battalion of BSF posted at Mustafapur BOP detained one Lokman Pal with 3 kg gold biscuits worth Rs 95,000. Both of them were handed over to the police after formal paper work.According to the BSF, a team planned a special operation acting on a tip off on Tuesday morning. Around 7:30 am, the BSF team saw suspicious movement of a bike that was moving towards Bashirhat. Also Read – Rain batters Kolkata, cripples normal lifeWhen the jawans ordered the biker to stop, he tried to flee. The BSF team chased the bike and was able to intercept the suspect. After checking the bike, the jawans recovered three gold biscuits concealed in the cavity of the vehicle. On the other hand, the BSF team in Mustafapur saw Pal talking to a Bangladeshi national near the International Border. When he returned the BSF personnel detained him on suspicion. After searching him, a total of 26 gold biscuits was found concealed on the upper part of his right thigh with Knee cap on.
August 30, 2019
Growing a business sometimes requires thinking outside the box. 4 min read Free Webinar | Sept. 9: The Entrepreneur’s Playbook for Going Global Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own. May 12, 2014 Register Now » The Federal Communications Commission is reportedly revising its proposal for new broadband regulations and has made assurances that it will not let service providers split service into fast and slow tiers.The revised proposal by FCC chairman Tom Wheeler, which could be made public today, is in response to heaping criticism over alleged plans that would allow internet service providers (ISPs) like Comcast and AT&T to charge content distributors like Netflix and YouTube (along with smaller startups) a premium to insure their content streams reliably into customers’ homes. Critics say such an approach would inherently disadvantage smaller companies without such deep pockets, effectively creating two separate and unequal internets. And large companies like Netflix, believes these ISPs are already double dipping –charging both websites and customers access to the other party.Related: Net Neutrality, Explained”It is charging Netflix for access to its subscribers. Comcast also charges its subscribers for access to Internet content providers like Netflix,” the company’s vice president of content delivery, Ken Florance, wrote back in April. “In this way, Comcast is double dipping by getting both its subscribers and Internet content providers to pay for access to each other.” And down the road, this added expense could be passed to consumers.Plus huge corporations don’t want to compete against each other for bandwidth, which would result in extreme price hikes on ISP service.Although the new language will reportedly use a similar approach, an agency official said the FCC will evaluate deals to insure that they don’t put nonpaying companies content at a disadvantage, The Wall Street Journal reports. The proposal will reportedly also ask for public comment over classifying broadband internet as a public utility rather than an information service provider, a move that would be subject to more regulation by the FCC. ISPs vehemently oppose such a change as they argue it would stomp out innovation, but proponents say it’s the fastest way to insure net neutrality’s permanence.Related: This Is What the Internet Will Look Like in 2025An attempt at reclassification would almost certainly result in a court battle, leaving the current rules in place until the issue is settled. Proponents of net neutrality are concerned that once Wheeler leaves office the anemic rules may no longer be enforced in a meaningful way. In response one proposal is to include a provision that requires broadband companies to allow all users access to “fast and robust service.””I won’t allow some companies to force internet users into a slow lane so that others with special privileges can have superior service,” Wheeler said in a letter to tech companies.The alleged proposal drew the ire of almost every major tech company in the United States. In an open letter Amazon, Dropbox, Ebay, Facebook, Google, Netflix, Reddit and more than 100 others voiced their forceful opposition to the alleged rule change.Related: Almost Every Major Tech Company in America Blasts the FCC’s Net Neutrality Proposal“The Commission intends to propose rules that would enable phone and cable Internet service providers to discriminate both technically and financially against Internet companies and to impose new tolls on them,” the companies wrote in a letter. “This represents a grave threat to the Internet.In light of the backlash commissioners Jessica Roenworcel, a Democrat, and Republican Ajit Pai called for the vote, scheduled for Thursday, to be delayed in order to hold a public comment period but at this time that seems unlikely.Both Republicans on the five-member commission oppose any and all net neutrality rules, deeming them unnecessary.