123 Street, NYC, US 0123456789 [email protected]

爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by Makenna Bufu!

ogywrodob

first_imgABC News(DELPHI, Indiana) — The mysterious murder of two Delphi girls deepened this week when Indiana State Police revealed new clues about the killer, including that he may live in the tight-knit Indiana community.But this new information — including a new sketch and more video evidence — seems to leave the public with more questions than answers.The crimeEighth-graders Abby Williams, 13, and Libby German, 14, were enjoying a day off from school on Feb. 13, 2017, when they vanished on a hiking path.Abby and Libby snapped this photo on the bridge on the day they disappeared.Their bodies were found the next day near the trail.The male suspect — seen in this new sketch released on Monday — is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old, but may appear younger than his age, police said.Indiana State Police released a new sketch of the suspect in the unsolved murders of two teen girls.Police had previously released a different composite sketch of the suspect.Former FBI agent and ABC News contributor Brad Garrett said the new sketch likely came from a new witness — “someone that’s come forward, maybe alleging to have actually seen the guy they’re looking for.”“The difficulty in any sort of sketch is that it’s difficult obviously for people to remember exactly what somebody else looks like … it’s not uncommon for sketches to not necessarily look like the person you’re looking for,” Garrett said, which can translate into false leads.Callahan Walsh, a child advocate with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, agreed.“I think they have some new information. I think they have a new eyewitness who has come forward,” he told “Good Morning America” Tuesday. “The [new] sketch isn’t created from the video. A sketch like that is mostly done when someone is describing what a person looks like — it’s not a computer generated image from that video.”‘Hiding in plain sight’The killer is believed to currently or previously live in Delphi, work in town or visit on a regular basis, Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas Carter announced Monday.“We believe you are hiding in plain sight” and even “may be in this room,” Carter said at a news conference.“We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you,” Carter said.From the beginning, Garrett said he believed the killer was local and “attached to this community” of nearly 3,000 people.“Carroll County, Indiana, is very rural … when the superintendent of the police says ‘local,’ that’s not just the town of Delphi. That’s Carroll County,” Garrett said. “This person could well live 15 miles from Delphi, but they’re from here, they know that trail, they walk that trail … it’s reasonable to think that the killer isn’t down the street from the trail, but he’s in the proximity.”Garrett said that particular trail likely wouldn’t have visitors from outside the area.“The idea that a random person would happen to be walking down the railroad track and happen upon these two victims, and that they had never been there before, I think is low,” Garrett said.Serial offenders often do not leave the area where they committed their crimes, Garrett said, because “they feel comfortable that they’re not gonna get caught.”“This particular killer, he’s on a remote trail — if he believes that nobody else saw him actually harm these two girls, then in his mind, he feels like he’s home free,” Garrett said.“He’s going to be somebody that is pretty good at keeping his mouth shut. That doesn’t mean somebody doesn’t know something, but he’s been very good at maintaining his lifestyle,” Garrett continued. “Some killers have an innate ability to do that … it goes with criminals’ ability to place their life in boxes — commit these crimes, do awful things, continue on their normal life.”Walsh said it’s likely the killer is “very close to the investigation” and is likely “trying to take the temperature of the investigators to determine what they know and how hot on his trail they are.”“It’s not unlikely he could have been a volunteer in the search” for the girls that first day they went missing, Walsh added.An abandoned carOfficials also said Monday they’re looking for the driver of a car mysteriously abandoned on the day the girls’ bodies were found.Carter did not elaborate on the car’s involvement in the case. But Garrett said he believes investigators either just learned about the car recently or were unable to find the driver.“Maybe this car has taken on a different significance in this investigation,” he said.In 2017, police released a grainy image of someone seen on the trail the day the girls went missing along with a chilling recording found on Libby’s phone with just three words heard: “Down the hill.”On Monday, state police released new audio and video footage from Libby’s phone.The brief video clip shows the suspect walking on the bridge near where the girls were last seen.“When you see the video, watch the person’s mannerisms as they walk,” Carter said Monday. “Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone you might know?”It’s hard to decipher what the suspect says in the new audio clips.“The person talking … is the person on the bridge with the girls,” Carter told reporters. “Please listen to it very, very carefully.”Garrett said he doesn’t understand why state police waited two years to release the additional footage.“The critical window many times in catching people quickly is to release as much evidence as you can that won’t compromise the case — maximum amount of video, maximum amount of audio that you can get out there to trigger somebody to come forward,” Garrett said. “That’s how you get really good tips.”But to Walsh, the delayed release of the video and audio helps keep “the community invested in this crime.”“And if anybody out there who did know anything and maybe it’s weighing on their conscience, they’re seeing it out there again and they’re getting a reminder that they need to do the right thing,” Walsh said.Walsh thinks Monday’s press conference was an appeal to the community in hopes that more eyewitnesses will come forward.“People sometimes think their tip may be insignificant so they don’t say anything — but it can often be the key that unlocks the door to justice,” he said.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

fxehmpovl

first_imgBy Dialogo September 01, 2009 Rafael Nadal is about to compete in the U.S. Open following his recent return to competition after more than seventy days away from the courts due to tendinitis in his knees, but motivated to try to win the only Grand Slam title lacking on his list of victories, despite the limited preparation he has been able to do for the event. The Spanish tennis player is ready for his first appearance, possibly on Tuesday, against Frenchman Richard Gasquet. “I got here in better shape than expected, but I’m conscious of the fact that I’ve never gotten past the semifinals. If I make it to the quarterfinals or semifinals, I believe that it will be a great tournament for me, and I’ll probably go home satisfied, but later on, over the length of my career, that won’t count for anything. Especially here, at the only Grand Slam tournament I haven’t won. That’s why I’m here to win. If not, I probably wouldn’t have come,” Nadal said. His semifinal appearance last year, when he lost to British player Andy Murray, is the best result that the native of the Balearics has obtained at Flushing Meadows. The Scotsman is precisely the one who has pushed him out of second place in the rankings, marking the first time in the last four years that he will face the season’s last Grand Slam tournament ranked at number three. “I don’t believe that it makes a difference for me that I’m starting out this time as number three. I don’t know how it could make a difference for me to start out as number three,” Rafael Nadal said. Following more than two months without playing due to injury, the Spanish tennis player rejected the idea that he might “be under less pressure” than on other occasions when he has competed in the U.S. Open. “The pressure in the end is the pressure you put on yourself. You know how you are and what you need to do. Less pressure because I’m coming off of an injury? The pressure is what it is. It’s logical that I won’t win the tournament, but I’m here to try to win it,” the number-three player in the world insisted. Rafael Nadal thinks positively. He looks toward the future and feels that his return to competition “isn’t a return, because I haven’t left.” “No, I don’t feel that I have bad luck. I haven’t been worrying about losing the number-one ranking or the number-two ranking. What happened at Roland Garros and missing Wimbledon wasn’t very pleasant, but it’s all been the consequence of showing up poorly prepared. At the beginning it was an almost perfect season; I was playing better than ever. With great results. The best of my career, undoubtedly. I’ve worked hard, and it’s not the case that I’m returning. It’s that I haven’t left. I’m number three in the world. That’s the reality. I’ve played quarterfinal and semifinal matches on hard courts now, in Montreal and Cincinnati. I see myself doing well and capable of winning big tournaments again as soon as possible,” the Spanish tennis player emphasized. The tennis player from Manacor is hopeful about his chances in the tournament and doing something significant. What happened at the Australian Open is an example “You never know what can happen. When I got to Australia, I wasn’t thinking about whether I might win or lose. I worked hard enough to find inspiration and be entirely focused on the competition,” he remembers. “I’ve trained well, following my normal routine, I’ve felt that I’ve been doing well, and now we’ll see. I’m well, calm, and prepared to do the best I can,” Nadal added, emphasizing his “great excitement about participating in this tournament and doing well in it.” “The U.S. Open is a Grand Slam tournament; that’s the first thing. And then it’s in New York, a special city for me, and one of the most important cities in the world. I believe there’s nothing that doesn’t make this tournament special,” Nadal said, eager to start competing in order to evaluate how he feels and judge the level at which he may be able to perform during the tournament. The Spanish tennis player, who acknowledged that he had not been able to follow the opening match of his favorite team, Real Madrid, in the Spanish soccer league – “I wasn’t fortunate enough to be able to watch Madrid play, and now we we’ll see what happens, although there’s high excitement and high expectations” – admitted that he had been more surprised that Swiss tennis player Roger Federer was the father of twins than that he finished first at Roland Garros. “It was more surprising to me that he had twins, because I hadn’t known that. That he won at Roland Garros was more normal. He’s always made it to the finals or semifinals, and it was normal that he would end up winning. Besides, he deserved it,” the Spanish tennis player concluded.last_img read more