123 Street, NYC, US 0123456789 [email protected]

爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by Makenna Bufu!

ogywrodob

first_img to go further October 12, 2018 Find out more RSF_en Cuba and its Decree Law 370: annihilating freedom of expression on the Internet October 15, 2020 Find out more Dominique de VillepinForeign ministerMinistry of foreign affairs37 quai d’Orsay75007 Paris.18 April 2003Dear Minister:Exactly one month ago, the Cuban authorities took advantage of the imminence of the US invasion of Iraq to launch an unprecedented crackdown on its domestic critics. In less than a week, 78 dissidents were arrested, including 26 independent journalists. Since then, they have been convicted after summary trials and sentenced to terms of up to 27 years in prison. Cuba is now the world’s biggest prison for journalists.Reporters Without Borders is appalled that France did not condemn this wave of repression until 9 April, three weeks after the first arrests, and only after requesting “details” of the arrests from the Cuban government, according a French statement.The Spanish, Canadian and German ambassadors were refused entry to the courthouse where the trials were being held. But the French ambassador was not seen and the Quai d’Orsay has refused to say if he went to the courthouse or not. Unlike Britain and Canada, France also did not consider it necessary to summon the Cuban ambassador in Paris to express disapproval of the arrests and trials.The 15 member-states of the European Union (EU) adopted a common stand in December 1996 saying that closer links with Cuba would depend on it allowing multiparty democracy and basic freedoms. But the EU position, which has been reiterated several times since then, has not been respected by France.In 1999, Cuba was included in France’s “priority solidarity zone” – countries with which France aims to have “a strong partnership as an expression of solidarity and to support sustainable development.” The French ambassador Cuba, Jean Lévy, told the Cuban official daily paper Granma in a December 2001 interview that French aid to Cuba had been increased “sevenfold and then tenfold.” A new draft agreement, to “boost bilateral cooperation,” was signed by Pierre-André Wiltzer, junior aid minister, during a visit to Cuba in February this year.After the heavy sentences passed on the independent journalists and dissidents, Reporters Without Borders expects France, which is proud of being a country that defends human rights, to pay closer attention to the Cuban opposition by increasing contacts with the dissidents and their families and giving them more support.Reporters Without Borders also calls on the French authorities to apply to its relations with Cuba the common EU stand making closer ties conditional on respect for democracy and basic rights. It calls on France to reconsider its inclusion of Cuba in the “priority solidarity zone,” one of whose aims is “consolidation of the rule of law and entrenchment of democracy” in partner countries.We also urge you to push for the EU to suspend consideration of Cuba’s application to join the Cotonou Agreement (that allows 77 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries to get economic aid and preferential trade terms from the EU) until political prisoners in Cuba are released. The human rights situation in Cuba, where news is a state monopoly, violates article 9 of this agreement which says partnership must be based on respect for human rights, democratic principles and the rule of law.We trust you will give our appeal your careful consideration. Yours faithfully,Robert MénardSecretary-general Follow the news on Cuba News CubaAmericas Organisation New press freedom predators elected to UN Human Rights Council April 24, 2003 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Reporters Without Borders calls on French foreign minister to focus on human rights in France’s ties with Cuba Reporters Without Borders has urged French foreign minister Dominique de Villepin to step up French contacts with regime dissidents in Cuba and their families and to give them more support. It also urged him, in an 18 April open letter, to apply to France’s relations with Cuba the joint stand adopted by the European Union making closer links conditional on allowing multiparty democracy and basic freedoms. Receive email alerts RSF and Fundamedios welcome US asylum ruling in favor of Cuban journalist Serafin Moran Santiago News Help by sharing this information May 6, 2020 Find out more News News CubaAmericas last_img read more

jqmndbixd

first_imgCOVID-19 was thought to have little effect on children. But according to doctors in New York City, 15 children have been hospitalized for a rare but serious disorder after contracting the coronavirus. The New York City Department of Health issuing a warning for doctors to be on the lookout for this serious syndrome, first reported lat month in Europe.Doctors say the children first showed symptoms including fever, rash and stomach illness, similar to a rare condition called Kawasaki Disease, which causes the inflammation of blood vessels and can lead to heart problems.As a result, The World Health Organization is investigating whether the coronavirus causes some children to develop a rare inflammatory disease, WHO officials said Wednesday.Health officials in the U.K. warned doctors over the weekend that Covid-19 could be causing a rare inflammatory condition in children. Britain’s Pediatric Intensive Care Society said Monday the National Health Service alerted it to a small number of critically ill children presenting with “an unusual clinical picture.” The society noted that many of the children with symptoms of the new inflammatory disease had been diagnosed with Covid-19. The condition was likened to toxic shock syndrome and Kawasaki disease.“We are aware of this report which came out of the United Kingdom about a small number of cases amongst children with this inflammatory response,” WHO’s lead scientist on Covid-19, Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, said Wednesday. “We’re looking at this with our clinical network.”It remains unclear what the relationship is between Covid-19 and the inflammatory conditions, but Chris Whitty, England’s chief medical officer, told reporters Monday it is “entirely plausible” that Covid-19 causes the illness.“There are some recent rare descriptions of children in some European countries that have had this inflammatory syndrome, which is similar to the Kawasaki syndrome,” Van Kerkhove said. “But it seems to be very rare.”last_img read more

srofofzol

first_imgTHE body of the late Andrew ‘Mr Dunk’ Ifill will return to Guyana next week, according to Michael Singh, president of the Guyana Amateur Basketball Federation (GABF), after which, funeral arrangements for the stand-out former National player will be made public.According to Singh, the date of the arrival will be conveyed once all details are finalised by his parents who are in Trinidad at the moment.Ifill, 40, succumbed at his place of employment in Trinidad and Tobago last weekend, with his death sending shockwaves through the basketball fraternity in the Twin Republic and Guyana.Tomorrow, at the Maloney Indoor Sports Arena, the Basketball Federation of Trinidad and Tobago will host a memorial game in Ifill’s honour, since, according to the Federation, the Guyanese ‘baller’ was loved and respected on the island, and was considered by many fans as one of the best in the game.Current and former T&T National players will converge on the Maloney facility from 17:00hrs to bid farewell to Ifill.Singh also pointed out that locally, GABF will host a similar event, but all details will be made public after the return of his body to Guyana.last_img read more

ogqrcpxaq

first_imgPolice identified the young woman killed by a falling tree branch in Boca Raton on Saturday as 23-year-old Alyssa Sangeeta Jacobson.Jacobson had been out for a walk in her Bocca Teeca neighborhood when the tragic accident occurred.Meteorologists reported gusts of up to 35 mph and sustained winds of 23 mph on that day.Boca Raton Fire rescue says Jacobson was found dead at the scene.The incident was then handed over to the police.According to her mother, Jacobson was a graduate of Florida Atlantic University Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College, and recently obtained her Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University.Jacobson’s family established a scholarship in her honor called “The Alyssa Sangeeta Jacobson Scholarship.”The scholarship “will fund educational opportunities for young people. Contributions can be made to Friends of Youth Services, Inc., indicating funding for the Alyssa Sangeeta Jacobson Scholarship. Checks can be mailed to 50 S. Military Trail, Ste. 203, West Palm Beach, FL. 33415, or via PayPal at friendsofyouthservices.com.”last_img read more

lihtrrpyz

first_imgA viral photograph has led to the firing of a Popeyes employee near Dallas, Texas.In the photo, a boy who appears to be 8-year-old and no taller than four feet is seen preparing the insanely popular Popeye’s chicken sandwich in a restaurant.A customer took a video of the boy wearing a Popeye’s apron while he helped the overworked staff as they struggled to keep up with the chicken sandwich orders.The kid’s father worked at the restaurant in Colony, Texas.The person who took the video told Inside Edition the restaurant was packed at the time.last_img

srzdpopbq

first_imgIt’s time to look up to the sky for a rare space show.Scientists with the American Meteor Society say there could be an “outburst” of the alpha Monocertoid meteor shower Thursday night into early Friday morning.The shower, which occurs annually, was most notable in 1925, 1935, 1985, and again in 1995, when its outbursts caused numerous meteors that were visible for a short time, according to the American Meteor Society.Meteor scientists Peter Jenniskens and Esko Lyytinen explain that if this year’s alpha Monocertoid shower reaches its potential, we could see up to 100 meteors streaking across the sky between about 11:30 p.m. Thursday night and 12:10 a.m. Friday morning.last_img

fxehmpovl

first_imgYesterday President Trump tweeted that Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s teeth were “falling out of her mouth” during a press conference days earlier in which she was discussing why bribery was not one of the articles of impeachment filed by House Democrats against the president last week. Here is the clip: Pelosi no briberyTrump tweeted “Because Nancy’s teeth were falling out of her mouth, and she didn’t have time to think!”last_img

ogqrcpxaq

first_imgFriday will be the second anniversary of the Parkland tragedy, when a gunman entered Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida and killed 17 students and teachers.According to reports, the parents of one of the victims have filed a new lawsuit against the federal government. Their 17-year-old daughter, Meadow Pollak was killed in during the shooting. The lawsuit is seeking the recovery of wrongful death damages that include the pain and suffering of Meadow Pollack’s survivors, beneficiaries, and heirs, the lost value of life, and funeral expenses.Andrew Pollack and Shara Kaplan filed the complaint Wednesday in federal court against the ‘UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.’ The filing said the FBI knew the gunman, Nikolas Cruz, “had the desire and capability to carry out a mass school shooting,” and that “he had spent the last several months collecting rifles and ammunition.”Despite this, “the FBI failed to take any action whatsoever” and “as a direct, proximate, and foreseeable result of the FBI’s negligence, Cruz was able to kill 17 students and teachers and wound many more,” according to the lawsuit.The full lawsuit is below:last_img read more

nzvyhjpnc

first_img“To our knowledge, this is the first human trafficking case, first human trafficking charge that we have put on an individual,” Simmons said on Wednesday.The report goes on to say that investigators interviewed at least one person who paid Walter for the videos. He told investigators that Walter had a different price rate for sexual videos with or without the children. For example, Live Skype calls in which a child could be seen on camera were priced at $8 per minute.Simmons says Walter made at least $100 off of one video.Walter is awaiting extradition to Escambia County, where she will go before a judge and bond will be determined. A former Pensacola nanny and foster parent who was already facing some serious criminal charges apparently also dealt in human trafficking.Last April, officials arrested 27-year-old Nicole Walter on child pornography and lewd behavior with a minor charge.She is now at the Santa Rosa County Jail on a human trafficking warrant from Escambia County Investigators.“We continued our investigation and determined there was an exchange of money for a video that was made involving some minor children,” says Chief Deputy Chip Simmons. “This was an individual from out of state that engaged with Walter.”According to the warrant report, the Sheriff’s Office has obtained three videos that Walter filmed in 2017 and 2018, in which she performed sexual acts in front of small children who could be heard crying and playing. The report states that the children are now 6 and 3 years old, respectively.last_img read more

reqaidxrk

first_imgSan Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick smiles as he answers question during an NFL football press conference on Wednesday, June 4, 2014, in Santa Clara, Calif. Kaepernick received a new six-year contract extension Wednesday that keeps him with the franchise through the 2020 season. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)MIAMI (AP) — San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick and two other NFL players will not face charges in an incident involving a woman at a downtown hotel, prosecutors announced Thursday.A memo released by the Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office said there was insufficient evidence that any crime was committed in the hotel room on April 1. Tests indicated the woman was not sexually assaulted and other evidence backed up the players’ contention that nothing happened.In fact, the memo by Assistant State Attorney Laura Adams described the woman as incoherent when police and fire-rescue officers responded to 911 calls to the room at the Viceroy Hotel. She had to be sedated in order to be taken to the hospital, where she was temporarily involuntarily committed for her own safety, the memo says.“When she heard the officers’ voices, the complainant started screaming incoherently about Jesus and devils,” Adams wrote.A hotel security officer told police that when he arrived at the room, the woman began praying, “asking God to forgive her of her sins” and began screaming in words the security officer couldn’t understand, according to the memo. She banged her head against the walls and started kicking uncontrollably.At the hospital, doctors noted that she was “severely agitated” and appeared to be in an altered mental state, although no evidence of drugs beyond marijuana were detected in her system, Adams wrote. The woman had told police she and the three players had drinks and smoked marijuana earlier in the night.Kaepernick consistently denied any wrongdoing. Earlier this month the 49ers gave the 26-year-old a $126 million, six-year contract extension that will keep him in San Francisco through 2020. He was drafted in 2011 in the second round out of Nevada.The other players in the room that night were 49ers wide receiver Quinton Patton, and Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Ricardo Lockette.The prosecutor’s memo says that an attorney for Kaepernick and Lockette told investigators they met the woman about a year ago in Atlanta and that she and Kaepernick had sex. The woman later told Kaepernick she was pregnant and he cut off contact with her, including changing his phone number, the memo says.Eventually, she learned Kaepernick and Lockette would be in Miami and made arrangements to visit them, traveling by Greyhound bus. After the woman’s behavior deteriorated, Kaepernick contacted a nearby friend and decided to leave the hotel.“I’m leaving right now I’m terrified,” Kaepernick texted the friend, according to the prosecutor’s memo._____Follow Curt Anderson on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Miamicurtlast_img read more