123 Street, NYC, US 0123456789 [email protected]

爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by Makenna Bufu!

khmttxaew

first_imgJEFF MERZ/Herald photoJocelyn Wack’s streak is now over.Wack’s NCAA record of 80 consecutive matches with double-digit digs fell short Friday night as No. 14 Wisconsin swept No. 9 Purdue at the Field House.Wisconsin’s defense was at its best, out-blocking and out-digging Purdue, but the Boilermakers’ two-setter offense spread the ball around the court, preventing Wack from hitting 10 digs.Nevertheless, Wack was anything but upset.”It was something that I was very proud of, and it was nice to have,” Wack said. “I would be upset about it ending if it was on a match that we lost, but we won.”Wack finished with just eight digs while Amanda Berkely and Jackie Simpson posted 12 and 10, respectively.”Today was an all-around game by Berkley and Jackie, and that was nice,” Wack said. “Everybody played hard, and everyone picked up their defense, and it just wasn’t my night.”The closest anyone’s come to Wack’s streak was Griselle Lopez-Pereira of Virginia Commonwealth, who Wack passed early last year, with 63 consecutive matches, and UW head coach Pete Waite believes it is one that will stand for a long time.”That was a fantastic record she set, and it’s going to be a long time before somebody beats that,” Waite said.Wack had 18 digs Sunday in Wisconsin’s win over Indiana.Carlini sidelined, DuPont steps upFor the third straight game, senior floor captain and outside hitter Maria Carlini sat out with a foot injury.Carlini suffered the injury three weeks ago at Illinois, but continued to play until leaving the Ohio State match last weekend after the second game and sitting out every game thereafter.Her timetable for return remains an unknown, though Carlini is itching to return as soon as possible.”I’m not sure [how long she’ll be out],” Waite said. “If you ask Maria, she’ll be back next match, but you could’ve said that three matches ago and she’d say that every time.”Even though Megan Mills took Carlini’s place in the starting line-up, it was freshman outside hitter Caity DuPont who replaced her spot in the rotation.DuPont, in her first matches at the Field House, got some valuable experience under her belt and made an impact in both Badger victories, recording nine kills Friday and eight Sunday.”I’m really happy I’m getting this opportunity, although we really want Maria to come back,” DuPont said. “I am just glad to be in there helping the team out.”While Carlini’s injury is definitely unfortunate for Wisconsin, Waite is happy to see DuPont and other players off the bench step up in her place.”We’re still hoping [Carlini will] come back and give us some good play, but this is great,” he said. “This improves the depth of our team and they got really tight out there as a team and stood tough together.”It’s making us deeper and better right there by getting Caity in there and getting her experience.”Field House CrowdHomecoming weekend was a big one for UW athletics, and it all wrapped up Sunday with a Badgers volleyball match against Indiana.Wisconsin made a concerted effort to make Sunday’s crowd a big one: mission accomplished.With several promotions to bring fans in, the Field House attendance hit 7,064, the 14th-largest volleyball crowd at the Field House.”I thought it was a great crowd out there,” Waite said. “A lot of high school teams and different groups … came in to watch, and our players were really excited to play in front of them.”The crowd level certainly gave the Badgers a boost, evident by the quick lead they jumped out to.Wisconsin held Indiana to nine points in the first game, tying the fewest points given up in rally scoring in school history.last_img read more

kdeugmefm

first_imgPhoto © – Tipp FM The Ulsterman suffered a double bogie on his penultimate hole.He lies 8 shots behind the leader Callum Shinkwin of England. Rory McIlroy tees off the defence of his Dell Technologies Championship title in Boston this evening.It is the second stage of the US PGA Tour’s Playoff Series, with McIlroy lying 43rd in the standings.Meanwhile Darren Clarke is 2 over par after his opening round at the European Tour’s Czech Masters in Praguelast_img

khmttxaew

first_img Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (18) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +18 Vote up Vote down WellMom · 303 weeks ago Thank you for doing the leg work and presenting this additional information. Too bad it didn’t ease any of my reservations with this particular candidate. Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +15 Vote up Vote down G Sugar · 303 weeks ago Let’s be very careful. Don’t prejudge. We didn’t sit in on the interviews and negotiations. That’s what our representatives are for. And they did a good job. We need to make sure we don’t present a “contentious” environment here. Let’s all work together and move forward. Things will be different. And that’s not a bad thing. Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +7 Vote up Vote down Lynda Soria · 303 weeks ago Were we not able to find anyone locally that had worked with Mr. Collins and the City Council in the past? It is my understanding that we have someone locally who might be very interested and keep the interests of Wellington close to his heart. Whenever you hire someone local, it gives the feeling that we are all on the same page i.e.: wanting Wellington to grow, etc. Report Reply 1 reply · active 303 weeks ago +12 Vote up Vote down Rocko · 303 weeks ago Wellington does not need Mr. Eckert. It is time for the City Council to reopen the application phase for a new City Manager. We presently have an outstanding Interim City Manager. There is no hurry to fill the position. Let’s do it right the second and vet the candidates more thoroughly. Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +10 Vote up Vote down Guest · 303 weeks ago Tracy a very good article! Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +7 Vote up Vote down Guest · 303 weeks ago Tracy: If Mr Eckert does not succeed at Cityhall? Do we really have to pay him at least $100,000 buy out? I can see why Florence, Oregon had their concerns over Mr Eckerts requirement of a 1 year buy out of his contract! Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +3 Vote up Vote down Concerned · 303 weeks ago Is roy Eckert damaged goods? First impressions are so important, should we have so much doubt day one about someone so important to the future of wellington? Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago -10 Vote up Vote down faganlover · 303 weeks ago Is Wellington really in a position to be “snobby”? Get over it people, I wouldn’t blame this man if he walked. It’s a washed up town and he was willing to try and help maintain, if not move forward. The city council is starting to mimic the school board. Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +7 Vote up Vote down WHSMOM · 303 weeks ago Great information Tracy…thanks for digging deeper and letting us know some other things about Mr. Eckert.. Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago +5 Vote up Vote down GI_52 · 303 weeks ago With the information in this article why would you even consider intervieweing let alone hireing this guy?? If you do sounds like your looking for pending law suits. Report Reply 0 replies · active 303 weeks ago 12Next » Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments In Wellington Wellington Mayor Roger Stallbaumer announced after two 15-minute executive sessions on Sept. 2 that three candidates were being interviewed including one from Kansas, one from Texas and Eckert.In a letter written on Sept. 24 to Stallbaumer that was leaked to Sumner Newscow, he had formally withdrew his desire to be city manager in Wellington. Eckert’s chief concerns in the letter was the financial package as it relates to expenses in Wellington and the possibility of turnover at the April council election. Three city council members and the mayor will be up for reelection.On Oct. 7, Stallbaumer confirmed to Sumner Newscow that Eckert had reconsidered, and the council was still in negotiation. He also stated the Kansas candidate had withdrawn his name from consideration. In the Sept. 24 letter, Eckert said the offer was for $95,000. The resolution to be voted on Tuesday will be for $100,000.Follow us on Twitter. by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow — Google the words “Roy Eckert” and you will find Wellington’s leading city manager candidate has had an eventful year.The Wellington City Council will vote Tuesday on a resolution to hire Eckert, a former county manager at Montrose, Colo., as Wellington’s new city manager to replace Gus Collins, who resigned in May.If the city adopts the resolution, it would authorize Mayor Roger Stallbaumer to sign the agreement for the city. If Eckert signs, he will enter into a city manager’s agreement commencing on Nov. 10, 2014 and terminating on Dec. 31, 2016 (see specific terms here). He will be paid an annual salary of $100,000 on a bi-weekly salary of $3,846 over the year plus other benefits.The council interviewed three candidates that were chosen amongst 53 applicants in the five month city manager search process. Eckert, in turn, has also been looking at other city manager positions in at least two communities, both in Oregon. Eckert has also been named in a lawsuit by a former employee for the county of Montrose. Also, more details about his resignation as county manager in Montrose has come to light based on the area’s media sources.•••••His time at MontroseMontrose is a town located on the western slope of Colorado with a population of 19,132 people. Eckert was a county manager for 16 months starting on Jan. 2, 2013 and ending on May 16, 2014.According to a Dec. 16, 2012 article in the Western Slope Watchdog, Roy “Rick” Eckert is a self-described “Army Brat” who was born in Colorado Springs. He came to Montrose from a 25-year background of executive experience with municipalities and counties, mostly in Alaska, Alabama, Georgia and the Ozark Mountains of Missouri. He was also a city management consultant for the Municipal Technical Advisory Service for the University of Tennessee, as well as the Director of City Governance and Senior Program Manager for the CH2M Hill Engineering Company, where he was on assignment in the United Arab Emirates.He was hired in Montrose for $112,000 per year.In an article written on Wednesday, April 30 of the Montrose Press, Eckert announced his resignation after “nearly a week of rampant speculation from community residents concerning his departure.”In a news release Eckert stated: “I have enjoyed working with the best employees. In my opinion, they are Montrose County’s greatest assets.” He thanked the community for welcoming him and his wife, Jan, “with open arms.”On May 2, the Montrose Press reported that Eckert sent a letter to the County Commissioners stating he resigned because of “constant, non-stop contention within the community.” He stated the Daily Press editorials played a role in the level of contention and the lack of civility he saw in the way public business was conducted.Eckert’s letter was released after the Daily Press’ filed a Colorado Open Records Act requesting the document. The county considered it a personal record which the Daily Press disagreed. It was released with Eckert’s permission when the open records request was filed.“I have dealt with issues that were more controversial in nature in other positions that I have held, but never as many as we seem to have here, and never as many at the same time,” Eckert wrote in the three-page letter that informed commissioners he would resign on May 16, the Daily Press reported.In an Western Slope Watchdog article dated Monday, May 26, Eckert was awarded a severance package exceeding $115,000 including four months of pay not required by his contract.The commissioners  stated in an explanatory letter: “It appeared that his concerns about the contentious nature of the county may have created health issues for him as well as impacted his family. We felt it was in his best interest and the interest of the county that he resign.”According to the Western Slope article in exchange for Eckert’s agreement not to sue Montrose County, the commissioner gave him 10 months of severance pay, vacation pay and money for health insurance. The lawsuit On June 24, 2014 in U.S. District Court, Eckert was listed with the Board of County Commissioner in a civil action suit by plaintiff Stephanie Barnett in Montrose County. The complaint in the civil suit alleges that Eckert was overseer of over 300 employees of Montrose County and Barnett was employed from Nov. 27, 2007 to March 15, 2013. She was the Internal Services Director at the time of her dismissal.The suit alleges Barnett met with Eckert on Feb. 19, 2013 and told him she was pregnant and expressed concern over the impact of high levels of stress with her pregnancy. She and Barnett had allegedly met to discuss the possible transition to part-time employee, the complaint said. However, nine days later on March 15, 2013, Eckert informed Barnett that the Internal Services Division was being dissolved and her services were no longer needed, the complaint said. Barnett is suing for pain and suffering the lawsuit said. Oregon job prospectsAside from Wellington, Sumner Newscow knows of two other jobs that Eckert had applied – both in Oregon. Eckert was a candidate at Cannon Beach, Oregon in the northwest tip of the state. He was one of the top four candidates for the job where a public meet-and-greet forum was held before that council went into executive session to name the winning candidate. That job eventually went to Brant Kucera, out of Pennsylvania, who starts in mid-November.Eckert also applied and was offered the job at Florence, Ore. a coastal town of 8,466 people in the west-central part of the state at the beginning of October. He was offered the job for $120,000 a year and a compensation package according to the Siuslaw News.According to a statement issued by Florence City Hall on Oct. 11 it stated: “The council had offered Mr. Eckert what they believed to have been a very fair compensation package, but could not meet his requirement for a severance clause,” in case he was fired without cause.Mayor Nola Zavier told the Siusaw News “My thinking at this point we are so close to the election that all of us may hold off until after the election,” who also expressed her surprised and disappointment when Eckert had bowed out. The city has a charter ordinance where a city manager must be replaced in six months and it is close to deadline.last_img read more