123 Street, NYC, US 0123456789 [email protected]

爱上海,上海419论坛,上海龙凤419 - Powered by Makenna Bufu!

jqmndbixd

first_imgThe two countries, which fought a brief border war in 1962, have since the recent clash moved additional forces and military equipment into key sections of the 3,488-km Line of Actual Control – the ceasefire line separating the two forces.The green light for the Russian planes followed a visit to Moscow last month by Defense Minister Rajnath Singh where he urged his hosts to speed up deliveries, officials said.More than half of India’s military hardware is still of Russian origin even though over the last decade India has turned to the United States and Israel for high-tech arms transfers.The Defense Ministry also approved the purchase of air-to-air missiles developed indigenously that it said will add to the strike capability of the air force.Topics : India’s government on Thursday approved the purchase of 33 Russian fighter jets and upgrades to another 59 planes, acting to beef up its air force at a time when the military is locked in a border stand-off with China.The approval for 21 MiG-29 planes and a dozen Su-30 jets will together cost 181.48 billion rupees ($2.43 billion), the defense ministry said. The purchase, along with the upgrade of 59 other MiG-29s, was an attempt to address the “long felt need of the Air Force to increase its fighter squadrons.”Tensions between India and China are at their highest in years following a clash last month in a disputed stretch of the border in the western Himalayas in which India lost 20 soldiers.last_img read more

sfitlabte

first_imgWRBI Area Soccer Sectional Scores.Tuesday (10-7)Girls Soccer Sectionals at Richmond.Franklin County  2     Rushville  0Boys Soccer Sectionals at Hauser.Oldenburg Academy  3     Greensburg  0Courtesy of the IHSAA.last_img

rlkbwnudt

first_img How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies A native of Minnesota, where he also played football and hockey in high school, Busch was primarily a first baseman at North Carolina but he also played left field and second base (in the Cape Cod League). The Dodgers plan to “challenge” him to play second base at the professional level.“He’s basically done it in some practice settings. We’ve seen it in the Cape a little bit,” Gasparino said. “We think the kid has the physical skills and the makeup to try it and we’ll move off if needed. We know he can play first. We know he can play left. But we wanted to think in more of a positive mindset and challenge him.”Busch said it was a dream come true just to get drafted and he’ll take that challenge gladly.“I think offensively is the biggest contribution I’ll make,” he said. “Wherever they put me on the field is where I’m going to work hard.”Related Articles The Dodgers powered up with their first two picks in this year’s draft, taking one of the NCAA’s leading home run hitters with their first-round pick and another power-hitting infielder with their second pick.Between them – Tulane third baseman Kody Hoese and North Carolina infielder Michael Busch – hit 39 home runs this season.“We liked that demographic and it just worked out in our favor in this draft. Extremely happy to get both of those college bats,” director of amateur scouting Billy Gasparino said. “We always like to search for those guys first and were happy to get them to come in those first two picks.”Hoese was the Dodgers’ first choice, 25th overall. After hitting only five home runs in his freshman and sophomore seasons at Tulane (the alma mater of Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman), Hoese hit 23 home runs in 58 games as a junior this year. That led the NCAA in mid-May and was tied for fourth-highest at the end of the regular season 2019. Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season center_img “That’s a great question. We asked that question ourselves,” Gasparino said of what powered the big jump. “I think it was really a combination of elements – getting a little stronger, getting a little more experience, improving his swing a little bit and really just understanding how to create leverage. All of those things added up to a monster year – 23 home runs, 20 doubles and just really high-end power output.”Hoese finished the season with a .391 batting average, 61 RBIs and a 1.265 OPS. A native of Griffith, Ind., Hoese was drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 35th round of last year’s draft but did not sign. His defense at third base is “a real strength,” Gasparino said.“His defense is plus,” Gasparino said. “We like two-way type players. I think he can play other positions. He’s a good athlete. He can run. So not only do we get power with Hoese, I think we can get plus-defense as well.”The Dodgers also had the 31st pick overall as compensation for not signing their first-round pick a year ago, right-hander J.T. Ginn who went 8-4 with a 3.36 ERA as a freshman at Mississippi State.They used the pick on more offense in Busch, who hit .290 with 16 home runs and 57 RBIs for the Tar Heels. Busch also hit .322 in the wood-bat Cape Cod League last summer and was named to the All-Cape Cod League. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco With their final pick of the first day, (78th overall, a compensatory pick for Yasmani Grandal signing with the Milwaukee Brewers), the Dodgers selected Jimmy Lewis, a right-handed pitcher from Lake Travis High in Austin, Texas.“He developed into one of our favorite right-handed high school pitchers,” Gasparino said. “He’s 6-6, 200 pounds, lean and lanky. We feel he took a huge jump in his coordination and the ability to repeat his delivery. He has two plus-pitches – 91-95 (mph fastball), locates down in the zone, the curveball is plus. We think he can really spin it, command it and execute it well.”Lewis has committed to LSU but Gasparino said he was optimistic “we can make him a Dodger.”Lewis went 9-0 with a 0.52 ERA while striking out 83 and walking 15 in 53-1/3 innings this season. He pitched a no-hitter against Hays High in late April, striking out nine.last_img read more

khmttxaew

first_img== Mason City High followed the same plan by dropping their original week three and four games with Grinnell and Ames. The Mohawks will open at Marshalltown and host Fort Dodge before starting their Class 3A District 2 schedule. FORT DODGE — The 50th annual Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union state softball tournament gets underway in Fort Dodge today:== Class 5A quarterfinals11:00 — Fort Dodge vs. Bettendorf11:30 — Waukee vs. Ankeny Centennial12:30 — Cedar Rapids Kennedy vs. Pleasant Valley1:00 — West Des Moines Valley vs. Muscatine== Class 4A quarterfinals3:00 — Carlisle vs. LeMars3:30 — Charles City vs. North Scott4:30 — West Delaware vs. Winterset5:00 — Fairfield vs. Dallas Center-Grimes== Class 3A quarterfinals7:00 — Albia vs. Creston7:30 — Humboldt vs. Mount Vernon — other Class 1A quarterfinalsSaturday — St. Mary’s Remsen 11, Burlington Notre Dame 1 (5 innings)Friday — Kingsley-Pierson 3, Martensdale-St. Marys 2 (8 innings)Friday — Don Bosco 3, South Winneshiek 1— Class 2A quarterfinals today10:30—Van Meter vs. Treynor1:30—Mid-Prairie vs. West Lyon4:30—North Linn vs. Durant7:30—Dike-New Hartford vs. Des Moines Christian BOONE — The Iowa High School Athletic Association has approved a shortened schedule for the upcoming football season. The plan features a seven game regular season with all teams qualifying for the playoffs. Teams in eight-player through 3A will play all or most of their previously scheduled district games while 4A schools will be free to set their own seven game schedules. Chris Cuellar is a spokesman for the association.KGLO News · 7 – 27 – Hssched – 1Cuellar says the changes will allow schools flexibility to deal with COVID-19.KGLO News · 7 – 27 – Hssched – 2Cuellar says under the plan a team’s postseason hopes won’t be ended by a positive test.KGLO News · 7 – 27 – Hssched – 3Practice is still set to begin August 10th and the first Friday of the regular season will be August 28th. == Clear Lake announced that they have removed the last two non-district games off of their schedule in response to the shorter schedule. The Lions in those games were scheduled to travel to Humboldt and Waukon. Clear Lake will open the season with non-district games at home with Aplington-Parkersburg and Osage prior to entering into Class 2A District 3 play. The revised schedule means the Lions will have five of their seven games this season at home at a refurbished Lions Field complex. CHICAGO (AP) — Jake Cave hit a grand slam, Nelson Cruz homered twice and Kenta Maeda was strong in his debut with his new team, helping the Minnesota Twins beat the Chicago White Sox 14-2, as the Twins took two of three games in their season-opening series. Cruz added two doubles and drove in seven runs for the reigning AL Central champion Twins, who won two of three. Maeda (1-0), a Japanese right-hander who was traded in February from the Los Angeles Dodgers, allowed two runs and struck out six in five innings.Highly touted rookie Luis Robert hit his first career home run and right-hander Reynaldo López (0-1) and left fielder Eloy Jiménez exited early with injuries for the White Sox.The Twins have today off and will open the home portion of their schedule tomorrow night hosting St. Louis. 6:30 will be the pre-game show with the first pitch at 7:10 on KGLO. DES MOINES — Freshman Max Burt had a two-run double off the left field wall, part of a four-run sixth inning as defending champ and sixth ranked Newman rallied for a 6-5 win over third ranked Council Bluffs St. Albert in a 1A quarterfinal at the state baseball tournament Saturday morning as you heard on AM-1300 KGLO and kgloam.comKGLO News · 7 – 27 – Mburt – 1Burt opened the scoring in the top of the first with a solo homer to left.KGLO News · 7 – 27 – Mburt – 2Burt also got the save on the mound as the Knights kept alive their bid for a fourth consecutive title. Newman will now face St. Mary’s of Remsen in Thursday afternoon’s semifinals at 1:30, a game you can hear on KGLO.last_img read more

fxehmpovl

first_imgA pensioner was on Tuesday afternoon crushed to death in his car after a sand truck being driven by a drunken man crashed into it on the Corentyne Highway.Dead is 71-year-old Narinedatt Lowhar, called “Uncle Balo”, of lot 23 Number 47 Village, Corentyne. At the time of the accident, he and his wife were in a motorcar bearing registration plate number PJJ 25 and were turning into their yard when the truck bearing registration plate number GPP 2369 slammed into the car sending it 30 meters away.Dead: Narinedatt LowharWelliama Lingen, 55, the dead man’s wife, said she was rendered unconscious by the impact and cannot remember much, but recalls residents having to remove her husband from the wreckage.“When ah catch myself they take me out from the car and my husband leave in and I tell them to go and see what happen to him,” the grieving widow said. She added that she saw persons wrenching open the car and then she lost consciousness the second time.Meanwhile, an eyewitness, Zoreen (only name given), who lives nearby said it took villagers several minutes to remove Lowhar from the wreckage. She said they were on their way home when they noticed the wrecked car on the road and screamed for help.The woman related that when she went to the rescue of Lingen, her husband got some men who were in the vicinity to wrench open the vehicle to get the injured man out.The damaged car in which the couple were travelling“When they get him out they put him to lie down on the ground and I check and his heart was beating,” she told this publication.Lowhar was picked up in an unconscious state and taken to the Skeldon Hospital and then transferred to the New Amsterdam where he was pronounced dead on arrival.Meanwhile, the Police said the accident occurred at about 18:40h.Reports are the truck driver told the Police that he was about to overtake the jeep, when Lowhar made a right turn a short distance in front of his lorry and in the process, the left front of the lorry collided with the right side of the jeep.The Police said a breathalyser test was conducted on the driver and his alcohol level was above the legal level. A close relative of the driver said the lorry driver was overtaking another sand truck being driven by his son when he collided with the car.Meanwhile, Rohan Singh, 45, on Number 52 Village was refused bail when he appeared before Magistrate Alex Moore on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol.Police Prosecutor, Inspector Orin Joseph told the court that the Police are preparing other charges for Singh and asked for bail to be refused.He was remanded to prison and the case will continue on June 9 when other charges are expected to be filed against him.last_img read more