Greater Manchester Pension Fund (GMPF) is inviting tenders to run its direct UK property portfolio, after deciding to outsource its management.Property makes up between 6-7% of the fund’s £12.5bn (€14.8bn) portfolio, split evenly between direct holdings and funds.The aim of the outsourcing of its portfolio was increase both the value of the fund’s property assets and the size of holdings, said Peter Morris, director of pensions, GMPF. He noted that the fund did not possess the internal resource to grow the portfolio in such a fashion.Morris said: “The planned target allocation to property in the medium-term will be increased to 10%, but delivered in various ways. We expect direct property holdings to be in the range of 4 to 8% of the total portfolio. My expectation is that we will also see an increase in average lot size, reflecting the increase in exposure.” Although the invitation to tender is for the direct portion of the property portfolio, Morris said it was possible the manager might choose to invest in specialist pooled vehicles for some assets.“The fund has and will develop other means of obtaining its property exposure, such as Greater Manchester Property Venture Fund, which invests in property development and redevelopment opportunities in north-west England,” he said.The mandate will run for ten years, with an option to extend by five years, and there will be triennial fee reviews.Mangers tendering must have minimum direct UK property assets under management of at least £3bn.The successful manager will be announced in spring next year.,WebsitesWe are not responsible for the content of external sitesLink to GMPF tender notice
August 26, 2020
Coronavirus state tracker: Hospitalizations down 17% in last 14 days in California on August 24 As of Wednesday, there were no discussions of playing any games without fans, however.“As a result of the latest briefing update from the Los Angeles County Public Health Department, we have posted messaging through our venue reminding fans to engage in safe hygiene practices and to stay home if they feel unwell,” the statement read.“We also have increased access to hand sanitizers through the building. We will continue to update our policies and procedures based on new recommendations from the public health department, CDC (the Centers for Disease Control) or WHO (World Health Organization).”Staples Center will host the NCAA men’s Division I West Regional March 26 and 28.The NBA has instructed players to stop high-fives with fans and use fist-bumps instead, and it also has asked them to discontinue taking items to sign for autographs. Fans often crowd near the tunnels that lead from locker rooms to the court, hoping to high-five players or get an autograph. “The health and safety of our fans, players, teams and employees is paramount,” NBA spokesman Mike Bass said. “We are coordinating with our teams and consulting with the CDC and infectious disease specialists on the coronavirus and continue to monitor the situation closely.”The Dodgers’ opening day is March 26, when they play host to the San Francisco Giants. But they return to Dodger Stadium three days earlier to face the Angels for the final two games of the Freeway Series, the annual spring training wrap-up for the Southern California clubs.“Obviously, everyone is aware of it,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “It’s not scary, I guess, until it is, and you’ve got to be mindful of it. So, I know that we’re going to bring one of our doctors in and educate our players on sanitation and washing hands and just being mindful of that.“But it is scary.”Stan Kasten, the Dodgers’ president and chief executive officer, said, “Since last week we’ve had guidance from MLB and from the L.A. Public Health Department, both of whom are consulting with the CDC and the WHO. So, we’re operating with the same information. None of it is great news, but they have stressed also this is not a time to be panicking.“We’re in the process of finalizing what kind of procedures we do going forward.”The NHL has banned league personnel from traveling outside of North America, but left it up to the 31 teams to determine whether they would continue to take scouting trips to Europe. More than a century ago, the NHL didn’t award the Stanley Cup because of the Spanish Flu epidemic in 1918-19.Hockey’s international governing body, the IIHF, has canceled four men’s age-group world championship tournaments and two women’s events scheduled to be played in Europe. In Switzerland, the top hockey league has postponed its playoffs until the middle of March.The Under-18 World Championship, the last significant event for NHL scouts evaluating talent for the league’s annual draft at season’s end, remains on the schedule for April 16-26 in Plymouth and Ann Arbor, Michigan, however.“After a thorough review of the guidelines the health organizations have suggested, there are no planned schedule changes at this time,” the Ducks said in a statement. “The Ducks … will follow NHL suggested guidelines. The health of everyone associated with all of our events, including fans, staff, and players/performers, has and will continue to be our number one priority.”In Major League Soccer, both local teams, the LAFC and the Galaxy will play at home in front of sellout crowds this weekend and it should business as usual. LAFC hosts the Philadelphia Union on Sunday and the Galaxy hosts the Vancouver Whitecaps on Saturday.MLS recently formed a task force, which includes MLS Chief Medical Officer Dr. Margot Putukian. In a statement, the league said it “is in direct contact with the relevant governmental agencies including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Public Health Agency of Canada and is also coordinating with other sporting organizations.”The Los Angeles Marathon will go on as scheduled Sunday and its 26.2-mile route from Dodger Stadium to Santa Monica will be unchanged, organizers said in a statement that also read, “our operations team has been in consistent dialogue with local authorities.”Race officials said it would contact entrants and volunteers via email and social media should circumstances change in the days leading up to the race, which they said is expected to draw 27,000 runners from all 50 states and 78 countries.At USC, there are no plans to cancel athletic events or ban fans from attending, the university said in a statement. The school said it would continue to monitor recommendations from the county’s health authorities as well as the CDC and it is also in contact with the Pac-12.Related Articles Disneyland auditions Marvel superhero stunt performers for Avengers Campus Which Southern California casino hotels are open during the coronavirus pandemic Sheriff’s deputies are not wearing masks as required, Inspector General says “USC athletics will continue to take direction from the university’s Emergency Operations Center team that meets daily to assess the COVID-19 situation and its effect on our campus and community,” the school’s statement read.The NFL season is farther off, with the first exhibition games to be played in August. Any changes in plans for games would probably come from the NFL office, not individual teams. There has been communication between the Rams and the NFL office about whether there will be changes in plans for the upcoming league meetings (March 29-Aprll 1 in Palm Beach) and draft (April 23-25 in Las Vegas). So far there are no changes in plans for those gatherings.“We continue to take the lead from the NFL and federal and local authorities,” said Joanna Hunter, the Rams senior director of corporate communications.Staff writers Damian Calhoun, Adam Grosbard, Bill Plunkett, Mirjam Swanson, Kevin Modesti and wire services contributed to this report. SeaWorld San Diego food fest: Everything you can eat and drink at Bayside BBQ & Brews Could there be Lakers, Clippers and Kings games played without fans in attendance at Staples Center? Or a Dodgers game played in an empty Dodger Stadium? Or could some games actually be canceled altogether because of fears of the spread of the coronavirus?Los Angeles County health officials declared a health emergency Wednesday as the number of coronavirus cases continued to grow in Southern California. Discussions reportedly have been held about banning spectators at games in order to prevent the spread of the virus, known as COVID-19.It would be a dramatic step, but one that’s already been taken in Italy, as worldwide deaths have climbed past 3,000 this week. All sporting events in Italy, including soccer games in the top domestic league, will be held without fans in attendance until April 3, the Italian government announced.Staples Center, the busiest sports venue in Southern California with the NBA’s Lakers and Clippers and the NHL’s Kings calling it home, is working with local, national and worldwide health organizations to stay abreast of the situation, according to a statement released by the facility. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
August 13, 2020
MASON CITY — A Mason City man has been jailed after a chase with authorities. Police say that 28-year-old Armondo Grays ran from several uniformed officers who tried to arrest him at an apartment in the zero block of South Jefferson. He later was arrested in the 300 block of West State. Police say Grays was in possession of methamphetamine, marijuana, drug paraphernalia and more than $1500 in cash at the time of his arrest. Grays was booked into the Cerro Gordo County Jail shortly after midnight this morning and was charged with carrying weapons, failure to possess or display a weapon permit, third-degree theft, assault on persons in certain occupations causing bodily injury, attempting to remove an officer’s communication or control device, speeding, and failure to affix a drug tax stamp. He’s being held in jail on a total of $11,600 bond.